Creamy Cauliflower Alfredo
TIME 15 min
You’d swear this warming Alfredo sauce was chockful of butter and cream but thanks to the abundance of natural pectin in cauliflower which makes for a comforting and creamy sauce without the heaviness, that is a perfect companion for pasta. This riff on a pasta Alfredo is on regular rotation in our home kitchens.
- Do Anything Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce
- 1 lb fettuccine noodles, cooked according to package
- 4 oz pancetta or bacon
- 10 oz frozen peas
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Optional: For extra veggies, try adding asparagus or fresh spinach
Optional: Garnish with grated parmesan and fresh basil
- Cook pasta in pot of boiling, well-salted water until just tender but still firm to bite. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water. Return pasta to pot.
- While pasta is cooking, dice pancetta into ¼ inch cubes. Add to large skillet, and cook on medium-high until crisp (about 6 - 8 minutes). Drain pancetta on a paper towel and reserve about 1 tbsp of bacon fat.
- Add peas (and any other veggies), and sauté until just cooked. Add Do Anything Cauliflower Alfredo sauce and turn burner to low.
- Add pasta to skillet and toss, toss and toss even more, adding more cooking liquid by tablespoonfuls if needed. Season with black pepper and sea salt.